It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Cousins

Well, my two littlest grandsons are mad about their cousins! They think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. At the end of the week when Alex and Cyd go home, they will be sorely missed. It's kind of funny, too, that Rafferty, who is just like Cyd, has taken a shine to her, and Cyric, who is more like Alex, has taken a real liking to him. (And you thought opposites attracted!) Poor Alex and Cyd, they have two little shadows wherever they go. They can't get away from them. But they are really good with them. They play with them and entertain them and keep them out of trouble. I'm liking this a lot! I will miss them when they go home, too.
Today is a kick-back-and-do-nothing day. We are going to do an art project, but other than that I have nothing planned. We might take a walk to the school playground, but I'm not sure we'll even do that. We actually went to two parks yesterday, so I think we need a rest today.

We're going to do some scrapbook pages of their visit, and I think we'll start with the carousel rides yesterday. We all had a lot of fun, and we have a couple of small souvenirs to put on the pages, so they'll have a little extra embellishment. Our art project for the day is the one we were supposed to do yesterday! It's for Grandpa for Father's Day. I will post a picture when we are done.

I found the best recipe in a magazine the other day. It was an older magazine, and I cut out the recipe and now I don't remember what magazine it was, but here's the recipe.

Angel Lush with Pineapple
1 sm. pkg JELL-O vanilla pudding
1 20oz. can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 cup Cool Whip, thawed
1 prepared round angel food cake
1 cup fresh mixed seasonal berries
Mix the pudding and pineapple in a bowl. Gently stir in the Cool Whip. Cut the cake into 3 layers and place the bottom laer on a serving plate. Top with 1/3 of the pudding mixture. Do this with the other two layers. Refrigerate for at tleast 1 hour, and just before serving, top with the berries. Be sure to store the leftovers in the fridge. Serves 10.

Doesn't that sound good? I'm going to make it this week, I think, so I'll let you know if it's as good as it sounds. That's all for now. Hug a loved one today. It'll carry over into everything they do for the day, and it will make you feel good, too. Gramma G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...