It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Look for the Good

I am very sad tonight. I have had a blowout with my oldest son and he is probably not speaking to me now. I hate fighting with my family, about anything, but this was bound to happen. He just got back together with his estranged wife who doesn't like his family and has managed to alienate him again! It only takes her about 24 hours for her to get him under her thumb so totally that he forgets he even has a family. And he wonders why we don't like her?

Anyway, I'm going to focus on the good things in my life. Like these two grandchildren who are visiting. they really keep us hopping. We would never have time to grow old if they were around all the time. It's kind of fun. This is the photo I promised of the artwork the kids did for Grandpa for Father's Day. It turned out pretty good, considering it was done by a 2 yr. old, a 3 1/2 yr. old, a 13 yr. old and a 15 yr. old. The disparity in their ages is balanced out by the use of common colors and the fact that I told them it was modern art and I didn't want the see any houses or trees or anything recognizable. I think it will be beautiful when I get it mounted and hung on the wall.

I'm working on the tube ski hat. I hope to have it done in the next day or two., and then I'll let you see it in action (in a photo) and post the pattern. I hope its as cool as it looked. I'm just using scrap yarn, so the color may not be WOW, but you gotta use those scraps somehow, right? Besides, it's just the prototype. I don't know when I'll have the time to work on it, but I will try.
I'm going to leave this a short one tonight. I'm tired and need to get some sleep. Put your arms around someone you love and tell them so. 'Night, Gramma G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...