It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Sunday, June 1, 2008

June 1, 2008

Well, here goes! This is all new to me, but I'm going to give it a try. I'm a 53-year-old grandmother with a laptop. Probably a dangerous combination. I have 5 children and 14 grandchildren, 2 of whom have already left this frail existance. (That will be a post all it's own.) I love to sew, or at least I used to, and I like all kinds of crafts. Scrapbooking is my current interest, along with making cards and rubber stamping. (I'm a kind of rambler, in case you can't tell that already.)

I also am the granny-nanny for my two youngest grandsons, one 2 years and one 3 and a half. They keep me going, for sure. Some nights I feel like I've been run over by a Mack truck! But there are those moments that make it all worthwhile, like when the little one says to me "Hug!" and holds out his arms and puckers up his lips. Its enough to melt your heart. The little toad has learned now, though, that I love those hugs and kisses, and when he knows he's in trouble, or soon going to be, he holds out those arms and puckers those lips to get out of his punishment! Sometimes it even works!

My husband is a mechanic who would like to be something else now. Mechanics is hard work, which he doesn't mind, but he thinks it would be really nice to have a little easier job now that he's getting older. Or maybe just a job that's new to him. It's always nice to learn new things, and I think it would be nice to have a steady income instead of one that goes up and down all the time. If I could find a job on the internet that REALLY makes money, that would be great. I have this laptop and plenty of time, but those jobs all seem to fit my mother's old saying, "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is!" I have spent far too much start-up money on things that I thought would augment the paycheck, but really only "started up" someone else's extra cash. I'm trying to think up an original idea of my own for earning that extra cash, but so far, no luck. I may start my own web page here soon to sell original patterns and children's craft books. The big problem with that is I don't know how to build a wab-page! I have been looking at instructions and manuals for different software, and holy moly, batman, I can't understand a thing they say!!!!!

I told you I was a rambler! I tend to jump from subject to subject. The connections all make perfect sense to me, but they may not to you. Sorry!

It's almost one o'clock in the morning right now and as I write, Frazier is renewing an old acquaintance with a woman called Nanny G, (funny coincidence, don't you think?) although I think it was a whole lot more than an acquaintance! I think Kelsey Grammer is a really funny guy, and I used to be a Frazier watcher when it was on Prime Time television. I used to watch Cheers! too. And now he is a director or producer, I'm not sure which one, on another of my favorite TV shows, Medium. I was surprised to see his name in the credits not too long ago.

Well I think that's enough for tonight. I'm going to try to be faithful and post every night for the first month, and then probably 2 or 3 times a week after that. I hope that someone out there will find this blog and read it, and maybe enjoy taking a peek into the very crazy life of Gramma G. 'Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...