It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Swapping and Relief Society

I can't remember, but I think I told you about a web-site I found called swap-bot.com. You swap different things, like cards and craft items, with other people. It's a lot of fun! I signed up for my first 4 swaps at the beginning of February and sent off what I was supposed to. I've been waiting patiently to get mine back in the mail and I finally got three of them! Such good stuff, too. Here are photos of what I recieved. (I forgot to take pictures of what I sent, darn it!)

I signed up for a Valentine's Day card swap and here is the card I got. Inside was the cute little doily as a bonus.

I don't know if you can tell, but the paper is handmade and the heart is machine embroidered!

I signed up for a Big Fat Stuffed Envelope swap and look at these goodies!

The two clear envies at the bottom of the photo have papers and ribbons and vintage ephemera in them!

I signed up for I {heart} Mail Art - February and I got this cute envelope with hand-drawn pictures on it. I love it! And inside there was some goodies, too.


Now all I'm waiting for is my Whimsey Jar. I can't wait to see what's in it. If you would like to join in the swapping fun, go to swap-bot.com and register. Registration is free, and the rewards are plentiful!

Now, I have the promised pictures of the Relief Society party. We had a good turn out, good food and great companionship. Take a look......

We had a make-yourself-a-croissant bar. YUM!
We had displays of sisters' talents and interests. This one was mine.
This is crocheted! Isn't it beautiful?
Beautiful photography.

Hand-knitting.

Embroidery.

Needlepoint.

Jewelry making.

Woodworking.

Lovely afghans.

Knitting, baking and reading. She also plays the piano.

She wrote the book on display.

A talented sister who does a lot of different things.

Needlepoint or counted cross-stitch. I can't remember.

Decoupage.

Organizational training.

Home remodeling.

This sister grows beautiful orchids, as well as doing needle work.

We had a different hat on each table, along with a program and a little hat favor.


I spent $23 total on the decorations, and it turned out pretty good. Everyone seemed to be pleased and all had a good time.

I will show you how to make those little hat favors another day, but for now, that's all folks! Hope you have a good day and I'll see you tomorrow for Friday Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...