As I said yesterday, today's list is about common sense, something we sometimes forget at this time of the year.
1. Don't schedule yourself too tightly during the holidays. Before making a commitment, ask yourself if it can wait until after Christmas.
2. Be sure to check you camera batteries. Do they need to be replaced before the big morning? Also, be sure to buy more wrapping paper, scotch tape and tags than you think you will need. Better safe than sorry.
3. Don't give your spouse or significant other a bathroom scale for a Christmas gift!
4. Unplug the Christmas lights before leaving the house or going to bed.
5. Don't shop during peak hours. Avoid lunchtime and Saturdays. Early mornings and evenings are best.
6. Never set a candle on a counter underneath a cabinet or shelf. Heat rises, and this can create a fire hazard.
7. Don't burn wrapping paper in the fireplace. It's both a health hazard and a fire hazard.
8. Don't leave packages in plain sight when you park your car. Store them in the trunk.
9. Be sure to check the water level of your tree everyday. If it gets too dry, it becomes a fire hazard.
10. Keep a fire extinguisher in the kitchen and close to the tree.
All common sense ideas, but sometimes we just don't think. And remember, any fire chief in any city or town will tell you that this time of year is the biggest time for house fires. You don't want to be one of them, so take great care and you'll be taking great care of those you love. Until tomorrow,
Day 3 - Just waiting to serve you. Mais oui!