How time does fly! I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted. And now I'm a day late starting the 12 Days of Christmas posts! That just means you get two posts today. This year, I'm doing it a little bit differently. Instead of a project or recipe or craft every day, I'm focusing on family and service and the real spirit of Christmas. I will give you ten ideas or activities each day for the next 12 days. Some may be things you already do, and some will be things to do for yourself. Hopefully some will be new ideas for you. So here goes....
1. Be the first to wish everyone you meet and Merry Christmas!
2. Buy yourself or your spouse a pair of red flannel pajamas that you wear only on Christmas Eve.
3. Take the family to see a small town parade.
4. Don't count calories from December 15th through January 2nd.
5. Never select a Christmas tree after dark.
6. Take a basket of goodies to a notoriously grumpy neighbor.
7. Mend a broken relationship with a friend or relative during the holiday season.
8. Be nice to sales personnel. They're often more weary than you are!
9. Don't despair if you are short of cash. Be creative. Looking back, you will discover that the Christmases when you had the least were the Christmases when you gained the most and had the best memories.
10. Hang a favorite Christmas ornament from your car's rear view mirror. It will cheer you up when you are sitting in holiday traffic.
That's your list for today. If you implement even one of these ideas today, you will be a better person for it. It may make you feel better, or it may make a family member or friend feel better. It may even make someone you don't even know feel better! And if you can do that every day for 12 days, then why not all year long? Remember, Christmas is about the spirit, not how much you spend or how many gifts you give. See you tomorrow,
These are ATCs (Artist Trading Cards) I did for a swap.
Day 1 - Sorry, it's a bare tree and no partridge in sight.