It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Monday, November 14, 2011

I have been busy all day working on my 6 Sundays of Christmas for Relief Society. I decided on the scripture to go with the mouse: "And every creature which is in heaven, and on earth.....heard I saying, Blessing and honour, and glory, and power, be upon him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever." Revelations 5:13.  I actually found a few scriptures with the word mice in them, but they weren't right for what I am doing, so I went with creature, as in "not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse." Hehe :) I printed it on a little tag and tied it to his ear. Then I cut out mangers and the cards to go with them, printed, cut, folded and glued snowflake wrappers, and printed the activities for the 12 Days of Christmas paper chains. All that's left is to make the baby Jesus's to go with the mangers, and the glass bubble magnets that will say, "Jesus is the Reason for the Season", and cut the paper chain links. Not too bad. I'll post a photo of it all when I get everything done.

I've got a quick recycled craft for you. So easy and so handy. A while back, I bought a big chalkboard sticker frame thing to go on the front of my refrigerator. Hubby and I saw it at Target and we thought it would be cool to have, so we got it and put it up right away.


You'll notice that even thought it's up, it still doesn't have photos in the openings. Soon, soon! Anyway, we have been keeping the chalk and eraser on top of the fridge, where no one can reach it of course, so I decided to do something about that, and I created this.


In case you can't tell :) it's a SPAM can! I tried a round can as a pencil holder last summer, and even though I used 4 really strong magnets, it keep rolling off the fridge and dumping all the pencils all over the floor! The SPAM can prevents that problem and works like a charm. Now we can all find the chalk when we need it (and now it doesn't roll off onto the floor between the fridge and the wall, which is just darned inconvenient!) and the kids can reach it so we don't have to keep getting it for them.

That's my project for today. Not much, but a handy little thing, nonetheless. Now I have to get my Visiting Teaching done. See you later, and don't take yourself so seriously. Nobody else does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...