It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday Friends!

Today on Friday Friends! we have a cornucopia of ideas. Did you like that little play on Thanksgiving? With that holiday getting closer and closer, my thoughts are turning more to those things for which I am grateful. And one of those things is all of you and the time you put in to making your blogs so "I wanna"-ble. (Do you like my new word?) So here's our offerings for today....

If you've never visited Cindy at Skip To My Lou, you've been missing a real treat. And she does this wonderful linky party every Monday called "Made by you Monday". If you have a project you want to share, or you need an idea for something to make, pop on over to her blog, and you will not be disappointed.  http://www.skiptomylou.org/2011/11/07/made-by-you-monday-74/ . If you plan to join the party, be early! It fills up very fast. I put a project on there this week...... I found the party on Monday, and on Tuesday when I joined, I was already number 566!!! So make your plans today and be there bright and early on Monday.

Next up is Jill at Homemade by Jill. She's the mother of two young children, and her blog is great! Every year I give homemade hot chocolate as gifts to friends and family, and every year I look for something cute to put it in. Well, I found it here! These are the cutest little tins and not very expensive,either, according to Jill. So check them out here:  http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2010/11/hot-chocolate-gift-tins.html
                                                                         

At Bee in our Bonnet, you will find great ideas and fun stuff, despite the differing opinions of the two sisters who blog here. They each bring their own perspective to the blog, but they both share a common desire. Here's what they say on the side bar of their blog. "We are two sisters in the midst of motherhood trying to keep our sanity by entertaining ourselves with projects. Our methods and personalities are different but we have the same goal, which is to enrich the lives of our families and enjoy our creative outlets." I think most of us have those same goals, so its easy to relate to their often amusing writings. Today, I am sharing with you a cute little loaf of Amish Friendship Bread. If you dont' have a recipe for your own, I will be posting one here soon as part of my Twelve Days of Christmas series. This gives you a really cute way to package and present it to family and friends.
http://www.beeinourbonnet.com/2010/11/ive-been-loafing.html


And last but not least today is Kerry at Baker Girl. She has a degree in Criminal Justice, which is where my daughter-in-law is headed right now, and do to unforeseen circumstances, has taken to baking instead, and I think she's found her true calling. See if you agree when you check out these adorable Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies at  http://buddingbaketress.blogspot.com/2010/12/peanut-butter-reindeer-cookies.html .

Aren't they adorable? And yummy, too, I'll bet!

Well, that's the line-up for today. I hope you enjoyed it and will come back next Friday, when I'll have more cute blogs for you to visit. Mae West said, "Too much of a good thing is wonderful!" and I agree totally.

To end my post today, I want to say Thank You to all those who serve or have served in the military. My dad was a 21-year veteran and red, white and blue blood runs in my veins. He was my hero and taught me many things in his quiet, unassuming way. I will always be proud of him and remember him with love. I hope that every soldier out there today has someone to remember them with love. Here is my dad as a very young serviceman. He passed away 25 years ago yesterday at the age of 60, just months after retiring to enjoy life.

I love you, daddy.


Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...