It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wagons Ho!

We spent this weekend on a nice little project. My granddaughter, Halena, has the opportunity to get extra credit in her fifth grade class by making a covered wagon for their Oregon Trail unit. Her dad is my youngest son and a lot like me, so this became a family project.

Andy did the cutting, but Hally had to do the measuring and sanding, I made
the cover out of muslin.
We added some goodies for the trip.
All buttoned up and ready to go.
I made these clothespin dolls for my kids when they were
young, and these two were perfect for the trek, don't you think?
Her teacher really likes it and I'm pretty sure she will get the extra credit. And she had a good time making it, and that's what really counts. It was some quality time for father and daughter.

Well, its time for me to go to bed. Tomorrow is my day at the Family History Center. Got to find those ancestors! Let me leave you with this saying my daughter-in-law found on a Facebook page somewhere.......you haven't really lived until you've done something for someone who can never pay you back. Have a good one. Gramma G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...