It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

We went to the pumpkin patch Saturday and it was fun! My daughter-in-law had never been to a real pumpkin patch, so it was fun to watch her as she wandered around, looking at all the stuff. And trying to pick a pumpkin! I think she changed her mind at least three times, but that's what its all about, right? We bought over 200 pounds of pumpkin by the time we were through! We couldn't even fit it all in the trunk. One of them had to go in the back seat with me and Halena. Next Saturday will be the great Hall Family pumpkin carve-off. Stay tuned for photos. For now, here are some photos of our search for the perfect pumpkin.

Part of the pumpkin patch.

Hiding in the corn stalks.

Two down, four more to go.

That's four....

The wagon is getting more and more full.

My little pumpkin girl.

Taking a little rest.
A good time was had by all, that is until we got to the scale and the register. WOW! 200 pounds of pumpkin at .26 a pound...you do the math.

Now I have a quick and easy project. I call them Spooky Spoolies. I have a whole collection of wooden thread spools and I'm finally ready to let go of a few of them. They are pretty hard to come by nowadays, so I hang on to them pretty tightly. The pictures will be pretty self-explanatory.

My little spoolie family.


Sorry its blurry. The mummy is wrapped with plumber's
 tape, or pipe tape, or whatever YOU call it.

A stick for the stem, wrapped in jute. Curly raffia and some leaves finish it off.

A green pom-pom for her nose.

The mummy and the witch have yarn hair. Wrap the yarn around two fingers about 15 or 20 times and tie it really tight. Cut the loops and trim to the length you like. Put some hot glue on the edges of the hole and stuff the middle of the yarn hair down inside. All the black lines are made with black fabric paint. Googly eyes for the mummy and you're done! The kids will love to make or receive these cute little spoolies, so make a dozen or two!

That's it for tonight. I'm so tired, I can't hold my eyes open any longer. Oh, yeah...my husband got home today, so maybe I'll sleep a little better. After all, my future awaits me. C.S. Lewis said, "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of 60 minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." Have a great Monday. Gramma G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...