It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday Friends!

Sorry! I almost forgot that I had to do Friday Friends! too! But I found some really cute things on some really nice blogs, so it will be worth the wait.

First up is a cute website called Can't Stop Making Things. Right off the bat, she's got me with the name. And she's got some really cute projects. It took me a minute to figure out that the "labels" box was the navigation tool, but as soon as I did, I had a good time going from post to post, seeing what she had to offer. I found two things that I wanted you to see for sure. The first one is what she calls a fortune cookie coin purse. It's made with a milk jug!  http://www.cantstopmakingthings.com/2010/08/fortune-cookie-coin-purse.html


The other thing is a beautiful rose made from plastic spoons! If no one told you what it was made from, you would never know. It's really nice. http://www.cantstopmakingthings.com/2010/04/rose-is-rose.html

Next is a Fortune Cookie Christmas Countdown. I seem to have a theme today, don't I? This is a darling idea, and she has some cute ideas for the activities on the "fortunes". I know you will like this. Check it out here: http://happy-go-lucky-harvey.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-countdown-fortune-cookies.html


Now, last but not least, ANOTHER fortune cookie craft. This time it's a gift holder. I found this by accident when I lost the other website and had to find it again. What luck, huh? Go to http://www.craftbits.com/project/fortune-cookie-gift-pockets and check it out. I think I will make some really BIG ones and put some little gifts for the grandkids in them. Won't they love that?


Before I go today, I want to show you some pictures of Christmas at our house. We have a very small house and don't have much room, but we still got into the Christmas spirit. And I think I did pretty good with my "don't spend any money" challenge.
My father built the Christmas train and my mother painted it.

My daughter Deseret made this in Girl Scouts when she was about 5th or 6th grade.

This banner was made by my son Clif when he was in 2nd grade. It's kind of hard to see,
but it has cute little people that form the letters.

My granddaughter, Halena, and I made this last week because we didn't have a wreath.

I made my husband :) go with me to cut the branches for this swag.

Penguins welcome everyone to our home.

I finally got the rest of the lights and garland up, and added some bunches
 of greens with big bows. I know, hard to see.

A handmade window swag. Up in the right hand corner, you can see one of our
 paper trees hanging from the ceiling.
I will show you the tree another day. There is a story that goes with it, and I don't have time today. As you go about your holiday-ing, remember this. If Christmas isn't found in your heart, you certainly won't find it under a tree. Until tomorrow,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...