It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 11 of the Twelve Days of Christmas

Day 11 isn't really a project. It's a sentiment, a legend that has become a tradition for me. It's a snowflake.

It's nothing big or fancy, it's not expensive, and it's not handmade, but it could be. Every year I give these to someone. This year it's my Relief Society sisters. I type up the legend on cardstock, and then make it into a pocket, into which I put a simple little snowflake from Wal*Mart or the Dollar Tree. I tell them that it's nothing fancy or expensive, in fact it's not the contents that really matter, but what they represent. Then I read the legend to them, and bear my testimony as to the divinity of Christ, and the true meaning of Christmas. I always have tears in my eyes by the time I'm done and so do they. So here's the legend:

Long ago,
a glimmering Star
led the way to a Holy Child.
Legend has it that
Snowflakes
are tiny pieces of that very star,
sent to lead our hearts to
Christ, the Light of the World.


It says it all, so I'll stop here. Until tomorrow,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...