It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Etsy

I'm thinking of getting an Etsy shop to sell my gift items. I've been reading everything I can find on how to do it, if its worth it, other people's experiences, etc. and it sounds like a good adventure. A friend of mine and I were going to open a shop and online business once upon a time, but nothing ever came of it. I moved and she seems to have dropped off the face of the earth, so I guess I'm on my own now. I think Etsy might be a much more affordable way to go about it, plus there are thousands of people to get advice from! Now I have to decide which of the things I make that I want to make for other people to buy. Hmmmm...
I've been reading Timothy Adam's book, "How to Make Money Using Etsy" and it doesn't sound too hard. He talks about a few things that I don't know anything about, but most of it I understood, and I think I can do it. I'll just have to learn as I go.
We went to the Harvest Festival in Talent, Oregon, on Saturday and it was a lot of fun. My grandson was in the parade with the Boy Scouts. Talent is a typical small town, except there seems to be something going on all the time. All the little towns around here are like that. Festivals and parades and children's festivals...all kinds of events. And most of them are free! I love it!


There were some neat old cars in the parade,

And some other modes of transportation, too.


The children's market.

Making apple cider.

They look like they're ready to go home, don't they?
Well, time for me to go to bed. I will be posting a new project in the next couple of days, so I'll see you then. And remember.....ideas come from everything! Until next time, keep those socks matched up. Gramma G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...