It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

12 Days of Christmas - Day Three

Woohoo! Day 3! Today's project is so quick an easy, that it will give you time to catch up on everything else! You know those nice little cuffs they put on coffee cups now to help insulate and protect your hands? Well, we're going to make one for a candle! I don't know what they are called, but I call them candle cuffs.
 
 
 
First, find yourself a pillar candle that you like. I chose one that looks like a candy cane, but I know now that a plain color would have been easier to work with. Find some scrapbook paper that looks good with your candle and cut a strip 4 or 5" wide by 11" long. (Adjust for the size of your candle, of course.) Now pick a second paper that looks good with the candle and the first paper. I used an old piece of sheet music. Cut a  strip 2 or 2 1/2" narrower than your first strip, and layer it onto the first one. You can make it the same length, or it can be shorter, like mine.
 
 
My first layer has a cool design on one end, so I didn't want to cover it up completely. Wrap the strip around the candle and fasten it together, using scrapbook adhesive or Tacky glue. Tie a piece of ribbon, jute twine or raffia around the middle and attach a tag, and you're done! How easy is that? And they make really nice gifts. You could have a basket full by the front door for those people who drop in unexpectedly.
 
 

 
 
And that's a wrap! (Pun intended! lol) Wasn't that easy? Now run right out and make a dozen!
 
My favorite childhood memories are of Christmas, and my mother. She always had something ready, no matter who came by. She loved to give and no one did it better than her. Love and miss you, mama.
 
See you all tomorrow,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...