It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

12 Days of Christmas - Day Seven


Day 7 is here and I have a really cute project for you. This is something I've wanted to make for a long time, and now I finally have! I've seen many versions of it, and I like them all, but I decided to make it my way.

 
I used a wide brush with natural bristles and I left them natural, too.
 
All you need is a paint brush, red paint, flesh color felt, a little tiny scrap of pink felt, some googly eyes, a little pom-pom and some white fur. Oh, and I used some blush on his cheeks. Paint the brush handle a nice Christmas-y red. Spray it with clear acrylic spray or give it a coat of water-base varnish.
 
 
Cut a strip of flesh color felt the size of the metal on the brush. Fold it in half and cut a curve from the cheek up to where the nose will be glued. Cut a little half-circle of the pink felt for the bottom lip. Glue these to the metal with hot glue. Use blush to give him rosy cheeks and glue his nose in place. I didn't have a red pom-pom, so I used a darker pink one. Glue his little eyes just above his nose. Cut a strip of the fur and glue to the top of the face. Cut a circle of fur and glue it into a little ball. Glue to the top of the brush handle to make his hat pom-pom.
 

I gave him a little snowflake (that looks like a big jack) on his hat and he's all done! This photo is a little washed out because of the light in the motor home, but he's really cute and I'm NOT giving him away, like I do most of my samples!

I hope you are enjoying getting ready for Christmas and the holiday fun that goes with it. And I hope that as we draw nearer to the holiday, that we all remember the true reason for the season.....the birth of the Savior, Jesus Christ.

Until tomorrow,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...