It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Finished!

Here is the finished product for the last post. I think she turned out really cute. Since I'm not at home, I didn't get to cut her out but had a friend of mine do it instead. He has a nice bandsaw and does a lot of cutting, so he's really good at it. He cut all the pieces from 1" thick lumber, and then for the littlest pieces, like the pin (Which isn't finished yet) and the small feet, he just sliced them into thirds to make them thin! I would not have been brave enough to do that, but he just held the wood with his fingernails and pushed it right through. It was neat to watch.

I made the smallest two into ladybugs, because my youngest daughter collects ladybugs, and I though I might give them to her. But I like them, too, so maybe not! I used the same size wire on all three sizes and I think that was a mistake. The heavy wire was really awkward to work with for the smaller ones. I would use a lighter-weight wire next time. And I don't have any pom-poms small enough for the pin, but I think you can see that the size I used for the others will be too big. The reason she's not done is because I didn't get enough wire from my friend and I ran out! The one in the photo doesn't have her plant poke dowel yet, either. And since the heads are black on the ladybugs, I used little tiny googly eyes. When I get home, I will have to make some more for my ladies on my V.T. beat, but for now I just did samples for you to see.

I love little signs and little sayings, and a friend of mine who knows this, gave me a good one last week that I want to share with you. It says compliments of E. Joseph Cossman at the bottom and it goes like this:
"Press on. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

I hope you will all take this to heart and be persistent in your dreams and determined to have matching socks. Love, Gramma G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...