It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Oh da lolly golly what a last few months!

Well, hello! It's been one heck of a last few months! Here's the short version: surgery on both hands, a trip to southern California, southern Nevada and northern Nevada, doctor's appointments by the skads, a mini-stroke, or TIA, arthritis and joint damage for my hubby, and diabetes, bulging disks, narrowing of nerve canals in lower spine and into the legs, and fibromyalgia for me. So you can see how I didn't have a lot of time to blog for a while. But I really am back now, and I will stay back!

The trip to California and Nevada was to visit family, mainly my mother-in-law, who is very ill. We spent two weeks with my husband's sister and family, making daily trips to visit his mother and do what we could to help his sisters get all her affairs in order and her "stuff" cleaned out and taken care of. I think she still has a good long while before she will be "checking out", but it doesn't hurt to be prepared. We had some nice visits with her and enjoyed taking her shopping. She's a hoot sometimes! She knows what she wants and that's that! It's the longest amount of time I've ever spent with her, and I really did enjoy it.
 
My husband, Chuck, and his mom, Thelma.
 
Then we visited the little valley where we lived for so long. Our youngest daughter and her two boys live there again, and we stayed with them for a few days. Two of our other grandsons live there, also, with their dad, and we got to go to soccer games with them. We also got to visit with my husband's brother and brother-in-law (his wife was in California with her mom) and had a nice family barbecue.
 
Rafferty and Cyric in front of their school.

Hal and Isaac at their soccer games.
 
 
 Then we headed north to Elko, where our two oldest kids and their families live. We stayed there a few days, went to another soccer game, saw the beginnings of the balloon light-up, and then headed home.
 
Cody and Jason in front of a character they drew,
It was from a video game or movie, something like that?

Hannah (in the pink) with her sleepover friends,
 and our youngest grandson, SJ.
 
Madison and Kacey, the daughters of my
oldest daughter's boyfriend.
 
 
It was a long trip and we were so glad to get back home to our own bed! We did have a good time, but 3 weeks is a long time to be away from home.
 
I am in the process of making plans for both my blogs and hope to be totally up to speed by Monday. I have a few projects in the works, plus a few that I did during the summer that you haven't seen yet, so I will see you again soon. And remember....."Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling." Margaret Lee Runbeck. Until next time,





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...