It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Taking life as it comes.....

I have been using this week to catch up on some projects! I had quite a few swaps to get ready for Swap-bot, tomatoes to bottle, apples to dry and tomorrow I will be making applesauce and apple pie filling! I have two food dryers running as we speak, full of apple rings.

This is what my kitchen table looks like right now!\
A huge square dryer and a smaller round dryer.

Nice looking apple rings.

Here are a few photos of some of the Swap-bot items.

Book page and postage stamp ATC.
(ATC= Artist Trading Card)

Christmas ATC #1

Christmas ATC #2

A spoon lady with extra items to hold in her arms.
I don't know if you can tell but she's made from a wooden spoon.

Christmas tag #1

Christmas tag #2

Christmas bookmark

I also started decorating the house and yard this week. I know, it almost Halloween already, but a lot of the decorations I do outside are more Fall than just Halloween. Hehehe.....except for the headstones I'm making. This is the first year we've done this, but we are going to have a little mini-cemetery in the front yard. And we'll probably add more headstones every year. This is what we're starting with:

The lighting in our kitchen makes everything look yellow!

The cornstalks are actually from our own garden!
This is the first year I didn't have to buy them.

This big spider web lights up.

I'll post more photos when we get the "cemetery" done. Well, that's it for today! You can see that I've been busy. And it's not all done yet, either, but I will keep on pluggin'.


Thanks to all who are still reading and didn't give up on me. Life sometimes gets in the way of living, but I'm still here and plan to be for a long time. After all........either you run the or the day runs you!
Until next time,



2 comments:

  1. Great ATCs!! I really like the ATC with news paper and stamps :-)
    I also love apple rings and I've been trying to make them, but my apple rings never turns out good, they are so clammy they can't be eaten :( Do you have any tips how I could make my apple rings taste and look better? I don't own that kind of white machine (dryer ?) as you, maybe that's why my apples doesn't turn out too well..
    Jungpo follow me 7

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a dehydrator but I've never used it. My OH eas apple rings all the time. I guess it wuld make sense for me to learn how to use it :)

    Pookledo on swapbot

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...