It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A new quilt...

Happy Tuesday evening! Sorry for the lack of posts. I have been busy with the hubby and doctor's appointments. And there will be more. A CT scan of his heart, an ultrasound of his lower chest/upper abdomen, more blood work, on and on. But he comes first, so even though I will be posting, it might not be very regular.

I have been having so much fun with my swaps! I have been making cards and postcards and bookmarks and ATCs (artist trading cards) and dotee dolls, along with swapping stickers and stamped images and mail art! Right now, I'm working on journal pages. I joined this swap late, so I have two pages to make up, plus this month's page to do. I'm really enjoying making art again. It's been a while, and I miss it!

I have a new project in mind for you, too. I'm still working on it, so I'll keep it a secret a liitle longer, but you are going to love it. Oh, and I made my grandson a new quilt for his birthday. He's a BIG Scooby Doo fan, and I was given this piece of fabric with camoflage and Scooby Doo all in one. It's so cute. The picture doesn't do it justice, but this is what it looks like.

Cute, huh? I didn't quilt it, I just tied it, and it didn't take long at all. I sit at the kitchen table and lay it all out, pin the layers together, and go to work. I used to do it on the floor, but I can't do that any more, so the table gets the job.

The finished product.

And the happy recipient!
He really likes it and that's what matters. (I kind of like it, too.) I have enough to make another just like it, so when he gets his own room, he'll have one for each bunk.

Well, that's it for today. I promise I will be posting, I just don't know how often. Don't give up.......I'll be here part time. Love to all and thanks for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...