It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Friends!

Good Morning! It's Friday and it's time for another installment of Friday Friends! I slept in this morning so I'm a little late getting started, but I've been surfing blogland this last week and I have some super blogs for you to visit.

First up is Saving 4 Six. Carrie has a good-looking blog and some great ideas for saving your hard-earned dollars. This post gives you ten ways to save, and some of them are being talked about all over blogland, such as homemade laundry soap, but some you might not think about right away. She also has other great ideas. And she's given herself an organizing challenge. She is working on organizing her whole home, one room at a time. There are pics and tips, too, and it's looking fab! Go see what she has to offer at http://www.saving4six.com/ and you won't be disappointed.



Our next got-to-see blog is Crafting Rebellion. Oh My Gosh! Have you ever made silk tie eggs? Me neither! And they are beautiful! How anyone ever came up with this idea I'll never know, but WOW! Go to http://craftingrebellion.blogspot.com/2012/03/silk-tie-easter-eggs.html and check them out, then check out her other ideas and tutorials. She's got some great ones. The only thing I can see that's missing from her site is info about her (or them?). But go visit anyway.


Over at do stuff! blog, Lee Meredith is all about the title of her blog......doing stuff! She is a knitting designer, among other things, and has some cute patterns along with her other cool stuff. The post I'm linking to today is fun-a-liscious! Have you ever died your own yarn? Or wanted to? Well, here are the directions to die yarn in a crock pot with....wait for it......KoolAid! Yep, you read it right, KoolAid! And the yarns are so beautiful, you will want to make them into something right away! Hats and scarves, and the occasional pair of mittens, are the only things I knit, but I can see how beautiful they will be with this yarn. Go check it out at http://www.leethal.net/zine/?p=764 .


I found a blog called Garden Therapy, and again, I don't know who she is, but her blog is wonderful. She has some of the best photography ever, and lots of ideas to get you out in the outdoors. The blog is mostly about gardening, but includes recipes and crafts, too. My favorite post is this one, where she teaches how to make seed paper. I know, hers are valentines and that is past, but they wouldn't have to be valentines. I think they would make super Mother's Day cards. I think I might make some of these with the grands, to give to their mom. We could make them in the shape of a heart or flower and write something mushy about moms. What do you think? Oh...I forgot to tell you what seed paper is! It's handmade paper impregnated with seeds, and you plant the paper and the seeds grow! How cool is that!?!


That's it for today. I have been in a lot of pain for about a week and a half now, and I can only stand to sit at the computer for little bursts of time. And I can't get into the doctor until April 3rd! I hope I can stand it until then.

I hope you will all go visit these blogs, lend your support, try some of the projects, or just read the information they give. And leave comments. Let them know that you saw them here, but most of all, let them know they are being heard out there in that giant blogland that is getting bigger by the day. And leave me comments, too. I love comments! Until next time, think about what Albert Einstein said. "Life's real failure is when you do not realize how close you were to success when you gave up." Sometimes I feel like giving up on this blog, but I'm hanging in there. Hopefully, I will experience success someday soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...