It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Day Eight of the Twelve Days of Christmas

Day Eight's project is a wreath made from puzzle pieces. Its really very cute. To start with, gather you puzzle pieces. You will need anywhere from 12 to 20, depending on the size. The smaller ones are better, but the larger ones work also. You are going to glue them to a cirlce of cardboard, so place five or six of them in a circle, with the pieces as close as you can get them without overlapping. This is the approximate size circle you will need. Cut the circle out of heavy cardboard or chipboard, something along that line. Cut a hole in to center, so that it looks like a wreath and the width of the wreath is no wider than your puzzle pieces.

Now take your puzzle pieces and your cardboard and paint them all green, both sides. I prefer spray paint, because its faster, but you can use acrylics and a sponge brush, too. When they are dry, start hot-gluing the first layer of puzzle pieces onto the wreath. The next layer should cover the joints and spaces of the first layer. I usually do just two layers, but sometimes a third layer is needed to fill all the gaps. When you have it all glued together, take a little white paint and a stenciling brush, or a very stiff-bristled brush, and dab a little white (snow) around the edges. Not too much, just a dusting.

The next step is to put some berries on it. You can use little red buttons, or jingle bells, or beads. Whatever you like that will add that little bit of red. Glue a red bow at the top, and you can either glue a ribbon loop to hang it on the tree or a pin back so you can wear it. If you have used small puzzle pieces, you can use two of the extra ones to make earrings. Put a dusting of snow on one edge, glue a little red button (or whatever you used) onto it, glue earring posts to the back and Voila! Your have earrings to match your pin. These make cute gifts, too.

I apologize for such a terrible photo. My camera died and I borrowed my daughter's and her doesn't work either! I am trying to find one that I can afford, and I am using the camera on my cell phone until then. I hope you can visualize what it is, but if you have any problems, just email me at grambug1@yahoo.com and I will try to help. Thanks for your patience.

"Deck the halls with boughs of holly, Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la."

Here's the quote for the day, from William Arthur Ward. "Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." Always share your gratitude with those whom you are thankful for. 'Night, Gramma G
P.S. I got a new camera, so I replacced the photo with a better one. GG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...