It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

To blog or not to blog......

That is the question. Hello out there in blogland. I have been taking a little time off, trying to decide whether it's worth it to keep going. I love blogging! It gives me an outlet for writing and for sharing - my life, my hobbies, my family, the things I love to do. When I first started blogging, I knew it would take time to grow my blog and my readers and followers, but I didn't really care. I was sure that I would have them by now! I wasn't really consistent in the beginning, but for the last year, almost two, I have been writing pretty consistently and doing tutorials and projects. But to no avail.

So, I have to look at why. Why don't I have readers? Why don't the few people who do read become followers? Why don't I get comments? I even tried a giveaway and a name-the-bug contest on my other blog - nothing! I tried joining some linky parties and got a few lookers and a few comments, but no followers or repeat readers. Is my writing bad? Or boring? Are the projects not interesting?

I have been thinking long and hard about all these things, and I've decided not to give up yet. I know it can take time to create a following (unless, of course, you're young and cute and witty and have a thousand friends who immediately become followers) so I will give it some more time. I have never really asked my family and friends to even read my blog, because most of them would just say, "What's a blog?" Maybe it's time to do something about that. Get them involved. It's a little scary, because I know I'll get their honest opinion, and if they think it stinks, I know that will hurt. But at least I'll know, right?

I will give it another few months to see what happens. Maybe I'll give it up in the new year, but I really don't want to. I have never been a quitter! Why start now? Blogging has become part of my life. Everything I do and see becomes ideas for a post or two. I've finally gotten into the habit of taking photos of everything so I can use them in a post. I'm just not ready to give up this part of my life yet.

With that said, I will come back to blogging, but it's going to be really spotty for a while. I will be having surgery on my hands this summer, starting with my right hand in few hours. I'm not a very good one-handed typist, and especially when the hand is my LEFT one! So there will be a post here and there, but nothing regular until my hands are working again.




1 comment:

  1. Don't give up! I love your Blog. It's adorable and fun and interesting. But there are a million blogs out there. As long as you enjoy it and it gives you a place to write and share then keep it up. This whole Blogging world is not our generation. But we can do it. I'm your newest follower! I'm trying to get started myself. Hope you will check out my Blog and follow me too: http://notyournormalnana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...