It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Recovering Slowly

Wow! Time sure flies when you're really busy! I didn't realize that so much time had gone by since my last post! Between doctor's appointments and tests and everything else, I have not had the time nor, sadly, the inclination to write. And now they have found some nodes on my husband's thyroid and he had to have a fine-needle biopsy to find out if they are cancerous. They stuck him with 9 needles, 3 on the right side of the neck, and 4 on the left side, plus 2 more to get some stuff from one of the lymph nodes on the left side. This was last Thursday, and his neck is still sore! We haven't heard the results yet, and probably won't until mid-week. Then they want to get his thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) up, because its a little low, before they do surgery to remove parts of the thyroid. I thought we were pretty much in the clear, but I guess that's what I get for thinking!

But there is some good news, too. He was finally approved for disability, so we will be getting a check every month starting in September. It won't be a lot, but it will pay the bills and let us help the kids with rent or utilities or whatever they want to use it for, and still have gas money and a little for fun. Very little, but a movie once a month or dinner would be nice.

I have been spending a lot of time doing arts crafts with my grandkids this summer, and I will be posting some photos of projects. We are in the middle of making a calendar right now, and when we get done, I will post photos of that, too. It seems to have turned into a yearly tradition, usually for moms and dads, but this one is for me!


These were Father's Day projects. Do you remember making these when you were young?

The blue one on the bottom was made by my just-turned-five grandson.
I don't know why all the eyeballs, but that was what he wanted.
They made Mother's Day gifts in school, but Dad's usually get left out because school is out when Father's Day comes around. Although my kindergartner did do something. They took photos all dressed up like Dad. They were so cute! This is my adorable grandson, Cyric.
Isn't he cute?
Well, I will close for now. I promise not to be such a slacker in the future. Keep up the good work and remember, things can always get worse. Benjamin Franklin said, "If a man could have half of his wishes, he would double his trouble." I think I'll stick with what I have. Until next time, Gramma G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...