It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's a hard life, but good.

Life is hard. After not working for over 3 months, my husband has finally gone back to work, and that's a good thing, but.....he's not making enough for us to get out of debt. We will be absolutely broke for the next year, if not longer, and that will cause havoc with his depression. It's a catch-22. But at least he IS working, so we can try to make some headway.

My grandson, Cameron, had his Cub Scout Pinewood Derby in March. His car wasn't very fast, but he had a good time, and that's all that matters. My oldest granddaughter, Cydney, also got the cutest little black puppy while we were there. Some people were in the parking lot with a box full of puppies, knowing full well that where there's kids there will be a better chance to get rid of them. Anyway, her step-mother wouldn't let her keep it, so guess what? I have a new puppy!

The one at the back is Cameron's. Its a worm on a roller skate. When my boys were
 in Cubs, we always made their derby cars different. We had a stick of Big Red gum
once, and a Cub Scout driving a hot dog, and a few other crazy things like that.
 My son is following in my footsteps.
A couple of weekends ago was the Clark County Fair and Rodeo, and I spent some time with my friend Bev in the Humanitarian Aid booth. We knitted hats for the newborns at the county hospital, we tied quilts for the humanitarian aid program of the church, we taught others to knit and tie quilts, and we re-acquainted ourselves with each other. (You can see pictures of the booth at the Bev's Blog link at the right.) She is a good person with a heart of gold, and she is constantly doing something for others. I am glad to call her my friend. She put a few things into perspective for me while we visited, and it was a good few days.

Now I am busy trying to finish three little flower-girl dresses for the wedding of my daughter's best friend's sister-in-law. How's that for a mouthful? The wedding is taking place in Georgia in about 2 1/2 weeks. The dresses are black, and hot pink with black polka dots. They will be really cute, I think. Basically, the only black will be the bodice and the polka dots, and the trim on the bottom of the sleeves. If I remember, I will take a photo and post it. Two of the little girls live here in town, and the other one lives in Georgia. It's a pretty simple pattern, so it won't take long to get them done, I just have to get started! To me, the worst part of sewing is the cutting out. I hate cutting out. Once that's done, its a breeze from there. I'm in the middle of that dreaded part right now, so I will start the actual sewing tomorrow. I enjoy that part.

I am working on that other cute pattern I told you I had for you. That's technically a lie. It's not one pattern, but a series of patterns. It's an alphabet book for little ones, and it's personalized for each one. I made one for my grandson and he really likes it. I'm making the one you will see pictured for another grandson...actually two grandsons. I'm trying to get the pages photographed and all the patterns made, then we'll do one or two pages per post. I think that will work. If not, we'll step it up a little.
Well, that's all for now. I need to get to bed and get some rest. I also am making a quilt top for the same wedding as the dresses, so I will be busy for a while. See you back at the farm. 'Night. Gramma G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...