It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Making invitations.....

It's 2:28 am and I can't sleep. My family is having some trouble right now and I have one daughter who isn't speaking to me and another who is probably really mad at me, too, and it's interrupting my sleep pattern, which isn't all that great anyway. As I've said before, my family can be very volatile.

This is my two beautiful daughters.
I'm busy making invitations for my Relief Society's birthday dinner. Relief Society is the women's group of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and we'll celebrate the 170th birthday on March 17th, but there is another activity planned on that day, so we are having our birthday dinner in February, instead. The theme is "Hats Off to You" and we'll be showcasing the talents of the sisters in our ward. We have a very diverse group of sisters and it should be interesting. We (the RS board) made favors that are little wide-brimmed hats to go at every place setting, and so I'm putting little hats on the invitations and posters, too. I used a big circle punch for the brim piece, and I thought my smaller punch would be good for the crown piece, but it was too small, so I had to cut 80 little circles by hand. And I hate cutting circles! Oh, well, at least it wasn't 160 I had to cut! All the little hats are made, but now I've decided they need a little inking on the edges, so that's what I'll be doing tomorrow......uh, today. Then I have to get started on the posters. I'm not sure how I'm going to do them, yet, but I have ideas going through my head.

I'm going to start a new feature called Wednesday's Wealth. It will be about the little things that make us rich, the kind of wealth you cannot buy but have around you every day. You'll see what I mean tomorrow.

As I look at the picture above, I think I should show you my sons, too. I don't want them to feel left out. So here they are, my handsome sons.



Well, this is a short post, but I better go back to bed and try to get some sleep. Sweet dreams to all of you. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...