It's not what you gather, but what you scatter, that tells what kind of a life you have lived.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday Friends!

I'm excited to get back to Friday Friends! I am in the process of trying to learn to make a button you can grab when you've been featured. If anyone has any hints, please email me or leave a comment! I'm all ears.

Today, I had a really hard time picking out just three or four blogs for you to peruse. There are so many great ones out there and so many are going again due to resolutions, etc. I spent hours (unknowingly) just hopping from blog to blog, checking out all the wonderful ideas and projects. So here are the first four I've picked for 2012. I hope you will make them a regular part of your daily surfing.

First is Christie at A Lemon Squeezy Home. How many of you have read the Pigeon books by Mo Willems to your kids? Or to yourself? I absolutely love them. The pigeon is just like a little kid, always trying to get away with something that he shouldn't do. Well, Christie has made a tutorial to teach us how to paint the pigeon or make a stuffed pigeon that will be perfect to go along with those stories. So click on over to her blog and make yourself a pigeon. And if you've never read any of Mo Willems books, go check out your public library. I guarantee that you'll be captured by the little-boy actions of the bird, and his hilarious escapades.

http://alemonsqueezyhome.blogspot.com/2012/01/pigeon-painting-and-softie-tutorial-mo.html .

Second is Andrea Badgley from Sacred Suds. She makes the most beautiful soaps and her Etsy shop is wonderful! In the post I'm linking you to, she explains the soponification process for those who wonder "What the heck is soap, anyway?" At the bottom of the post, if you click on "handmade soap" it will take you to a post that shows you how to make hot process soaps, and there is a link in that post that will take you to a post on how to make cold process soaps. She also recommends some really good reading material, if you are seriously interested in making soap. Even if you aren't, it's interesting stuff. Check it out at http://www.blog.sacredsuds.com/?p=719.

I just love the look and feel of handmade soaps.

Next, we have Mindy Tsonas, creative director, founder and hostess of Wish Studio, a great blog and website for your creative side. Her post on green gift wrap ideas was inspiring to me. I love brown kraft paper, and I would never have thought about painting on the ribbons and bows! Lots of good ideas from other folks, too. Go to http://wishstudio.com/2011/12/24/green-gift-wrap-ideas/ and look around. Check some of her other posts, too, and you're sure to find some inspiration of your own.


Last, but NOT least is Emily from Massachusetts at Red Bird Crafts. Her whole blog is really impressive. I love the feel of it, the look of it and the direction she's taking it. It's one of those blogs that feels like home. In one post I particularly like, she made a nest with little blue eggs in it. She says it's a reminder to believe in the beauty that surrounds her. Her outlook is.......the best word I can find is peaceful. Comfortable. I hope you will take the time to peruse more than just the post I've linked to, because you're going to like what you find. http://www.redbirdcrafts.com/2011/03/nest-building-tutorial.html .

That's it for this week. I think this is a really great group of Friends and I hope you will visit them often. I know I will.

I leave you with my favorite Erma Bombeck quote. For those who know who she was, you will recognize the truth beneath the humor. For those of you who don't know who she was, I'm sorry. You have missed a great lady. Go to the library and find one of her books and get to know her. Anyway, she said, "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" I have this same hope. Love to you all until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you. Please come back and comment often. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...